Thursday, September 2, 2010

Experimentation

Last week I was shooting photos at a football team fundraiser and after shooting numerous snapshots that will be great in a scrapbook, I wanted to do something more creative. The conditions weren't great for great photos, the light was pretty harsh and the players were standing between me and the sun. I stopped the lens way down hoping for a sun flare but what I got was a much slower shutter speed . I was also getting some nice looking silhouettes. I had not been thinking about the shutter speed but when I did, I realized I could do some interesting things with a blur effect.

I remember reading Joe McNalley book talking about shooting airplanes in the middle of the day, high noon, low contrast, and no shadows to speak of. He shot a photo of an F-22 that is a really spectacular shot, even when conditions were not right.

So, I shot what I could at the time. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment